GrandCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Similar to Igneous

5 posters

Go down

Town Similar to Igneous Empty Town Similar to Igneous

Post  wnp8613 Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:00 pm

I liked the idea behind Igneous and if we carried it out in a similar fashion it could be wildly successful. I was also thinking that instead of apartments we mine out a large hole and create a town "bubble" sort of thing nd allow people to build what they want to build in that bubble just underground. We would need to close it off more to prevent mobs from entering and make it safer but if we did it correctly it could be awesome. Just my suggestion.
wnp8613
wnp8613

Back to top Go down

Town Similar to Igneous Empty Re: Town Similar to Igneous

Post  Zaleander Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Lol, i already know LOTS of things i would like to change about Igneous, and i love the idea about the 'build your own apartment'. Ill start sketching some early plans for it. Very Happy
Zaleander
Zaleander

Back to top Go down

Post  Concept Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:54 pm

I love the idea of an underground city like Igneous. The only thing that Hyphy and I noticed is that the old Igneous was more like hallways and rooms rather than a city. Maybe make it more open and spacious, which would work nicely since our goal is to make large cities on this map.

Just make sure you okay it with Hyphy since he wants us to plan out our projects before hand.
Concept
Concept
Admin
Admin

https://grandcraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaleander Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:24 pm

I know what you mean by 'hallways' ill see what i can do, but remember, places underground are very limited to space AND height.

*edit*

I made a simple layout of what the 'new' igneous could look like, but its still the same type of 'hallway' design... =|

*final edit*

Making an Open and spacious city underground will be VERY difficult, i really think sticking to the halls and rooms would be best
Zaleander
Zaleander

Back to top Go down

Post  Abernethy12 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Zale. If you need height, dig the top first, and dig down to the height you want. That will make it much easier.
I'm sure the whole server would chip in some time to help construction. I know I will.
Abernethy12
Abernethy12

Back to top Go down

Post  Concept Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm

I'd probably be able to help dig out some areas.
Concept
Concept
Admin
Admin

https://grandcraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wnp8613 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 pm

I have been designing a plan that I think would be the most amazing and maybe easiest to satisfy everyone in a program called Maya. It would require someone to cuboid an area 125x125x50 blocks underground I have measured down to bedrock on the server at one of the lowest points so as soon as I am done with them I will post them and see what everyone thinks
wnp8613
wnp8613

Back to top Go down

Post  wnp8613 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm

These are some of the designs i have done the middle chute type thing will be made entirely of glass and there will be rooms coming off the outer ring. These rooms will include a bank, shop, storage, ect. In the central dome there is going to be one of two things either a honey comb type structure giving each person a "cell in which they can build or it will be a massive sprawling city. I will work on plans for the different setups and post them later. Any questions ask me. This one can either be underwater or below ground but both setups need to be sealed off first in order to complete them.
wnp8613
wnp8613

Back to top Go down

Post  wnp8613 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wnp8613
wnp8613

Back to top Go down

Post  iHyphyNinja Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Wnp's already started working on this. I made the 125x125x50 area for him to build on underground.

This doesn't mean the plans Zale comes up with are gonna be invalid. Maybe you can make your own Igneous? Since you were the original starter of the 'city', you'll keep the original city name. But right now, wnp is trying his own version of Igneous.

And Zaleeeeee, where have you been? If you are planning a city out, I love you. It seems you and Concept are the ones that took the planning part seriously. Abe is partially doing that, and what he's doing isn't wrong either, so don't scream at me <3.

Btw, I have no idea why you haven't been on. Please do clarify. Because you were one of the most active members, then you disappeared.

iHyphyNinja
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wnp8613 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:37 am

I have been making changes to the area hyph laid out with the help of concept. Please try not to change too much unless I am on the floor and ceiling are now pure glass so no more slimed spawn down there. I will need help constructing the sphere. I have already laid out the critical points of the base. I will be on tomorrow to start construction on the overall sphere and once that is done I will lay out plots and allow people to start building. As far as the naming until I get input back from zale I am going to refer to the city as new igneous I am looking for new names if there are suggestions the city I made can also be underwater if it is too similar to igneous. The entrance to the city is located out the south exit just follow the path until you reach it. If you are looking for something to do the path to new igneous is incomplete. Finally my maya program crashed so I am unable to put up my designs for the plots but I know what they look likes so I will supervise their construction.
wnp8613
wnp8613

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down